Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Monday, May 09, 2005

Why I hate Grandma's

Mama wanted me to visit Grandma at the weekend (mother's day, you know).

Mama: Come on. It is fun. You'll have fresh air, relax. Bring your computer, you can even work there!

No.1 - The bed. All beds there are somehow broken. I have troubles with my spine. Can't sleep on broken bed.
Slept on the sofa in the living room. Not comfy.

No.2 - The smoke. I am a non-smoker. Everyone keeps smoking. In the living room. Problem: sofa is in the living room.

No.3 - Work Wanted to work. Unpacked computer. Put it on the table. Mama turned on the TV. Watched a spelling quiz. Was even taking part. No way to work for me.
No table in other room where a ruined spine can sit and type.

No.4 - The food. I am fat. I want to lose weight. OK, I try not to gain weight. At Grandma's, there is lots and lots of food around. I eat. At Grandma's, four meals are served every day. I eat. At Grandma's, I'm frustrated. I eat.

Now I'm back home for more than 24 hours and I still feel desperate and awful and can't really get back to work. Slept until noon today, had a headache all day.

2 Comments:

Blogger RageyOne said...

Awwww, that is just awful. I'm sorry you had such an unrelaxing/unproductive weekend. Hopefully the rest of your week will be better.

Monday, May 09, 2005 1:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont worry i my grandma to.that is why i aways call her.

Friday, November 18, 2005 10:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home