Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Friday, June 24, 2005

Childhood Meme

Hey, that's the first meme I've been invited to take part in. Up to now, I only ever did them without being asked to. THANKS, Rageyone!!!


Rules: fill in the meme & then tag 5 people to do it, too.

5 thinks I miss about childood...

  1. The Smurf icecream. It had a blue plastic head and a white plastic hat. Inside the head was the ice cream. I don't remember the flavour, but that smurf wrapping was so cool.
  2. Learning to read. I loved to figure out how those strange letters work. And I felt so powerful once I started to use them. Certain, I had access to information I could not get before (like the TV program). Guess that's why I ended up in academia, I just love to exxplore.
  3. Not being afraid of dirt. I loved to play outside and I wasn't bothered at all whether my clothes would get dirty. I can't enjoy games like those anymore, because I'm always afraid I might get dirty and my clothes might be ruined.
  4. Going to school. Definitely. I was always the best student. I loved that. And I loved that the teacher would tell us what to do. So there was always a problem set to work on. Nowadays I often feel lost because I have to pick out the problems by myself.
  5. Getting toys for christmas. I loved getting all those plastic stuff for X-mas. Like Barbie and Masters of the Universe and Lego. And it always came as a surprise. I never figured out what I would get. I used to write a letter to santa, and then - magically - the things came. Not exactly the things I wrote in the letter, but lots of exciting stuff.


I hereby tag: Helen, Anastasia, New Kid, Psycho Kitty.

2 Comments:

Blogger rented life said...

My little ponies. I def. miss getting them.

Friday, June 24, 2005 7:50:00 AM  
Blogger Wanna Be PhD said...

I only had one My Little Pony, a pink one. Wasn't too keen on them.

Friday, June 24, 2005 1:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home