Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Wonderful

Last Saturday the baby of my best friend was born. I could never imagine that this is so -- well, such a powerful experience. I am still rotating and can't really understand that there is a new life. That it is part of my best friend. That my best friend duplicated himself. I can't understand that there is "birth" because this little baby comes, and it is completely finished. It was the same a week ago, but then it wasn't born yet, it was still in it's mummy's belly.
So, giving birth is such an experience. The child is already there but it has to suffer to get born.
Well, I'm still overwhelmed.


And, good thing no. 2: My Mr Perfect called this morning. He woke me up. I was so sleepy that I had no control of myself. I was so happy to hear his voice, that I said, "no, no you do not disturb. Well, I went to bed at 3:30 a.m. but I am so glad you called now". And then I just giggled and laughed because I'm so happy.
Guess he thinks I've completely gone crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home