Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Blank Brain

Has anybody experienced the same?
My brain is blank. Empty. Out of order. For months.
Will it ever start to work again? When?
Is there any way to make it work again?
I have no more energy to work on my dissertation. By now, the research question has changed. I know now that the initial question was too big. I know now that I have to look at smaller pieces. I know what the pieces are.
But I just can't go on working. I wanna lie in my bed and hide and never come out again.
I am thinking of going to my doctor and tell him that I am tired, out of energy and out of ideas.

1 Comments:

Blogger CharlieAmra said...

Yeah, it happens and it can be quite frustrating. I sort of "walled" for a bit when finishing my PhD. Having gone through the experience before, albeit smaller when I got my masters, I was not looking forward to the writing up of the dissertation. I was close to burn out. I think I took a couple of days for myself, when out and had a few drinks with friends. That helped.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 8:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home