Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Friday, March 04, 2005

The New Supervisor

Today I finally met the Wanna Have Supervisor. Meeting her was one of the reasons why I came to Another Town. She is working on a similar topic than my dissertation topic, and I read some of her books. I really like her work.

Today I finally had an appointment with her. I told her that my diss is a mess, and then I told her why I wanted to do it and what I find interesting. She thought it was an exciting project!

I like it so much working with a female professor. I had troubles with all of my male teachers in high school. As an undergrad, well, I had to behave well because at the university almost all teachers are male.

I hope so much that she will agree to be my supervisor!! We will have another appointment in about two weeks, I will ask her then. And I will ask her if she wants to write a paper with me.

I was so relieved that she didn't want to smoke marijuana with me. Almost all professors who are friends of the guys in My Department usually smoke pot with us students. That's one of my problems: I do not smoke at all and I never ever get drunk with my professors ('cause I know I mess around and might say swear words etc. when drunk).

1 Comments:

Blogger RageyOne said...

Good luck with that. I have a friend who has that problem. She is debating about swithing major advisors. It sounds like you were smart and are activiely pursuing someone more suited to your needs. I told my friend to stop complaining if she is not going to make a change. All she is doing is making herself miserable by staying with her current major prof and I just don't want to hear about it anymore.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home