Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Thinking about the future

I don't know why, but recently I have caught myself unconciously thinking about the future. About my academic future. The dissertation should roghly be finished around christmas, leaving a couple of months for minor changes. But, no longer that September 2006 I'll need a new job.

I know I won't stay at My Department here. No way.

There is a possibility of doing a research project together with a collegue from Catholic Town. But I'm afraid this will boil down to me again sitting alone in My Appartment and going to Catholic Town every now and then. This doesn't feel THE best way.

I could go and try to get a Post Doc job somewhere. I've liked Another Town, yeah, that would be an option. There is another small and crowded country in Europe where they do My Subject, but I don't like their lifestyle too much.

I really really really would love to be surrounded by some bright and friendly academics. And women professors. Yeah.

One more point: I will have to decide on what topic I'll write my tenure thesis. I'm not sure whether to continue my studies within My Subject, of if I want to explore new things and maybe create a new line of research on my own. The tenure thesis should be a major and influential work. I'm pretty sure my dissertation will be read by many people, because My Topic is important to the field and no other momograph except mine exists.

I have to figure out what I want to do for my tenure thesis, and then decide what kind of people I need.

Hmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home