Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Exhausted

I had an awful presentation at the Very Small Conference.
Has my brain vanished completely? Is it gone?
Will it ever come back?

Everyone must think now that I am a complete idiot.
I was quite depressed about it, now my mood changed to anger about myself. Why am I so stupid?

I thought the best thing to do is to go on working. But I'm still feeling awful.


I even chatted with My Mr Perfect today for 15 mins on the phone. Normally, I would be happy and excited that he called me. Today not even this could cheer me up.

4 Comments:

Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

yep. best thing is to go on working. it'll be OK. promise.

one of my early conference presentations was so awful i turned bright red and thought they were going to throw tomatoes or something. it was so bad i skipped the second session i had lined up the next day. not kidding.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004 8:03:00 PM  
Blogger Wanna Be PhD said...

And they didn't kick you out of the PhD programm because of this? You really mean I'll survive this?

I've decided to call my supervisor tomorrow and tell her that I feel somehow stuck. And ask if doing X now would be a good idea. I'm thinking of doing X now, but I'm just not sure anymore. I feel like a couple of high-academic words of suppord will calm me down.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004 1:31:00 PM  
Blogger New Kid on the Hallway said...

I have a friend who nearly passed out giving a paper - literally. She had to sit down halfway through and she kept going but for a while no one heard a thing she said because they were all worrying if she was going to fall over. She didn't, but it wasn't glorious.

And she survived and she finished her degree very successfully.

It will be fine!

Friday, November 19, 2004 3:51:00 PM  
Blogger Wanna Be PhD said...

THANKS!!!
But, the problem was not the way of presenting, but the CONTENT!!

Friday, November 19, 2004 4:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home