Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Search for an appartment

I'm trying to find a readonable appartment in Another Town via internet. This is not easy. Problem: Most of the ad-sites are commercial, so you have to pay if you want to have the phone number. Problem 2: I don't know the city and I don't know which parts are dangerous. Problem 3: I don't want to spend more than 250 $ per month. You do get a lot of rooms in shared appartments. bit I'm not sure if I want this.

And aaaaaall the friends I have called who have relatives in Another Town just don't help.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was relocating to a new city two years ago I contacted the police department in that city. By providing the officer with an address, she was able to disclose how many times an officer was called to that area and also what types of calls they were which I found very helpful. I also checked online for the newspaper in that area and recorded the areas the newspaper reported where crimes were occurring.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005 5:31:00 AM  
Blogger Wanna Be PhD said...

Yeah, I did check the newspapers and I found an article saying that there are a lot of foreigners there causing rouble.
I don't care!
It is pretty much the city center, 3 stops by underground to the University. One relative I have calles says that it is neither the red light district nor the meeting point of drug addicts. I hope it will be ok. It is not "the place to be" but who cares, I'm there for work.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005 12:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home