Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The New Supervisor Continued

So, the last days of my stay here have come. I'm going home on Saturday evening.
I am getting nervous about what's going to happen at home.

Yesterday I had another appointment with My New Supervisor. I asked her right away if she wanted to be on my PhD committee. She said yes.
I am shocked.
(Why do I always react shocked? I could have been happy, no?)

This is fine. She is working exactly on my topic. She knows what I want do do for my thesis. She could see the main goal of my work while I was standing only in front of bits and pieces.
This is good.

She keeps publishing books. I think if I'm done she will give me the space for a chapter. I'm sure, because she's publishing on my topic, and if she's my supervisor....?
This is good.

She is in the committee of a lot of conferences. If she is my supervisor, I hope, she will help me write an abstract and get in.
This is good.



BUT:
I have to tell my supervisor (who is an asshole) that I have switched supervisors.

I AM FRIGHTENED!!!!!!!!!
SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people at My University at home will KILL me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so understand! really. I'm going today to tell the director of my program that I want to switch departments so I can switch supervisors. I'm terrified.

but I know it will be the best thing. So just do it. we'll be okay, right?

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home