Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Monday, April 11, 2005

More fun from ex-supervisor

Tonight we all had dinner together because a guest professor is here.

Ex-supervisor said that he once had dinner together with Kurt Gödel. I was very surprised because Kurt Gödel died from anorexia nervosa (due to paranoia, he thought everyone wanted to poison him) in 1978.
And I told him.
:-)

Over the week end, he switched from friendliness to viciousness. At the dinner, he told the guy sitting next to me that he will teach a course next term with another grad student. This grad student is not doing our work but a different subject. And, really, if ex-supervisor is to co-teach next term, the logical companion would be me.

Then he he said, again to the guy sitting next to me, that he will organize a workshop at our next conference in fall. This workshop includes all topics from various subjects except mine.
HOW LOVELY!!

I'm not very hurt by this behaviour. Rather, I think that this guy is an absolute idiot and asshole and that I did absolutely the right thing changing supervisors. And I am happy that ex-supervisor makes it so easy for me. I don't have any doubts anymore.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, you did the right thing. you don't need those kind of games from a sup.

Monday, April 11, 2005 3:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. good for you. don't look back.

Monday, April 11, 2005 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger RageyOne said...

It is good to hear that you are satisfied with your decision.

Friday, April 15, 2005 7:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home