Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Back from Another Town

Well, I was a little quiet over here the last couple of days. Reason: I was in Another Town visiting my New Supervisor and taking part at the religious part of my friend's wedding. I did bring my laptop, but there was no internet connection (yes, I do not have a wireless card, it's a shame!).

I really really really HATE flying. The flight takes only 45 minutes, whereas a train ride takes 10 to 12 hours, depending on the route and the time of the day. So I had to fly. The first flight was quite ok. But the second one, the one back home!! There were turbulences, the whole plane FELL and SHOOK and FELL and SHOOK.

I was so scared!! I absolutely panicked. First, I couldn't feel anything in my hands, then also in my arms. And then in my feet and legs, up to my bum. Then it came to my rips. I was so scared that either the plane would crash or that I would die of a heart attack because of fear.

The remaining problem is: hating my Ex Supervisor, I will have to get into planes in the future again. Not dare to think of attending conferences....

1 Comments:

Blogger RageyOne said...

So glad you made it back safely!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 1:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home