Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Collaboratorix

I have a Collaboratorix! I do! I do! I do!

I took all my strength, facing my fear that my work might get stolen, and asked a senior researcher at My Department to write a joint paper for a conference. I think it worked! We had some ideas, got some results, and submitted.

I thought that my fear that my work might get stolen isolates me. It drives me away from people. I really thought it was time to change this. So I chose a topic which is not related to my dissertation and a person that is not my friend. Just in case things go wrong. So I'd not lose too much.

Up to now, it really worked, and our thing is getting big. Probably we'll continue and submit to a Big Important Journal.

I know that I have all these fears b/c I got hurt before with my Ex Friend. But when I share my work and my ideas, I also gain something. I will have more publications, and I can learn from Collaboratorix how she works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home