Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

New Supervisor and why I am so happy

Yeah, I know that I have almost given up blogging. I really feel happy and satisfied with my life right now. As you might know, I have switched to New Supervisor from Another Town in March. I am back in my home town now, and also the relationship with Ex Supervisor has improved considerably.

First, I feel so relieved because New Supervisor helped me to develop a plan for my dissertation. The thesis has grown by now, the major part will be completed by Christmas, and I am thinking of handing it in by the end of January. Knowing where I am in my work and having the feeling of control where it goes took away most of my desperate feelings. So, as a conclusion, if anyone feels unhappy in his or her relationship with the supervisor, I can really recommend to go for a change.

The relationship back here to Ex Supervisor has improved as well because I have stopped to get on his nerves with my work. When I look back, one of the problems was that I needed help in my work and he was unable to give it. I don't know why, but it just didn't work at all.
Now, I don't "force" him to anything, so matters are de-escalated.

All together, my personal feelings have improved. Apparently, I have almost stopped to sit in front of my computer, spending night after night being desperate.

I have to tell more about Weirdo Friend and my social life at a later point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home