Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Preparing the final draft

I am engaged in a kinda process of "preparing the final draft" of the thesis. Not really final, but the final one should be done in 4 weeks. Now I try to write as much as I can for New Supervisor.

This is not fun. Although it should be.
My back hurts. My legs hurt. My bones hurt.
Forcing myself to write (which does not guarantee high output) is definitely bad for my body.

And I am feeling confused. Although I do have a plan for all the chapters and a somewhat clear line of thought, I keep having nightmares that I have never looked into book X and that I definitely should at least mention argument Y. Not to forget that person Z said a footnote that one cannot omit.
And so on. And so on. And so on.

Instead of freaking out about all the things I know about but do not have read, I should focus on what I want to say. There is enough work to do this, anyway. I have read enough. I have prepared enough. I should now write all this and then, if time permits, worry about the other things.

Preparing this final version is not fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger ArticulateDad said...

Remember a thesis is not the same as your life's work. Life's work continues, a thesis should end. As I was wisely advised: a done thesis trumps a better one any day, meaning if it ain't done, it just ain't. There are ALWAYS more things to add... but you've got your whole life to do that.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home