Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Saturday, January 14, 2006

To go or not to go

I am thinking of going to a café. I would like the one where they play loud music (The Cure, Radiohead), but there' a lot of smoke. The second choice would be tha quiet place I used to go while I was in high school. Again, a lot of smoke.

What I like about those places is that they are not nice and shiny but dirty and worn out. The people there are not carrer demons. Those are places where you go when you have nowhere to go. Places to hang around.

The non-smoking cafés are all very expensive. It seems as if the healthy way of living is tied to money (ok I've known that, e.g. poor people tend to eat more junk food and les vegetables), but I didn't know that this is mirrored in cafés. I am not in the mood of going to a posh place where everything is shiny and there are only old and wealthy people there. Noooo.

So, as I am deciding and deciding and deciding I am still at home. I could work here and then go out to on of the ugly ones later and just read something there, without bringing my precious iBook.

I just don't want to wake up on a Sunday morning and my baby next to me smells like an ashtray. I just can't do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home