Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Reflections on Cafe work

It was ok, though, the visit to the café yesterday. But there was a lot of smoke, so my precious iBook smells awful today! I so much loved the smell of new plastic it came with. Of course, over the months, it ceased, but a faint of it was still there. Now it's like I'm pushing my fingers into an ashtray.
*yuck*

I've checked, but there are no cafés at walking distance (15mins) that are open after 22h and have a non-smoking area.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

That was the thing that just killed us on the trip to Spain/Portugal. Smoking, smoking, everywhere.

I'm very allergic and very used to living in places where you can't smoke in places that serve food and most (if not all these days) cafes are smoke free.

I had no idea that the plastic of an computer would take on the smoke smell, though. Hope it disspates quickly.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:44:00 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

It seems weird now that there are any places left where people can smoke. On our campus now you're not even allowed to smoke within 10 feet of a building, and all bars in town are non-smoking. It's such a change from a few years ago.

I feel the same way about my ibook though. It's the only thing I'm even remotely possessive about, but if a crumb gets on it, heavens forfend.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home