Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Abstract Submission

I've finished reading the paper! Finally! And it is soooo great. It points toward a soluition of one of my problems. I am thinking now of submitting an abstract to a Major Conference. I wanted to do this ever since the CfP came out, but I had nothing to send them. Problem: The deadline is February 1st. So I have to do this on my own. Supervisor is unreachable over the week end and wouldn't be very helpful either.
Do you think it is ok to send them just one page (the limit is two pages) probably containing English language mistakes???

Profgrrrrl has been complaining about isolation. Well, I am pretty isolated here, too. Academically. Noone is really helpful. Most of the days I spend alone in My Appartmend. I remember the times when I had a collegue. We used to chat over a coffee about our academic problems. What happened to our relationship is another story, and I do not miss her personally, but sometimes I really miss someone to talk to about academic stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Yeah, the isolation sucks.

You can do it! You can! Just get the proposal written.

If you're writing in English and want someone to proof it, feel free to email it to me. I'd be happy to help you with grammar issues.

Sunday, January 30, 2005 9:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home