Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Blogging Law

News on the law:
Who is concerned?
Every home page, and in particular, every weblog which is run by a citizen of my country. No matter where he or she lives, no matter where the server is located. Additionally, every resident of my country, no matter which nationality.

How will it be executed?
Fines are from 30 € to 2000 €. No one knows how it'll be executed. It is assumed that there won't be a special police hunting for private bloggers like me. But you can accuse bloggers now, of course.

There was a very interesting discussion on the topic right now on the radio. Some lawyer and some blogging people talked. The blogging people said, well we're just blogging our everyday life experiences, but sometimes we say political things too. 95% of all bloggers want to be anonymous. And, we want to be anonymous, because otherwise, in the future everyone will know what we're doing and thinking just by googling our names.
The lawyers answered, oh, we had no idea that people are using weblogs to communicate with one another. We thought that only newspapers and journalists use weblogs and we wanted them tho obey the same restrictions electronically and in print.

Very private comment: Hm, so if I run out of funding, I just accuse myself of blogging anonymously and go into prison for it. There it's warm and I'll be fed. Can I bring my laptop?

1 Comments:

Blogger RageyOne said...

Interesting. So it seems that your government hasn't considered the fact that individual citizens may have a presence on the World Wide Web. I don't think they've thought that law all the way through.

Monday, June 06, 2005 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home