Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Feeling pretty awful

Big Prof from US has arrived. Is going to give a series of lectures, the first one starting in 2 hours.

I've got to go to My Department. Haven't been there for over a month. Going to see Ex Supervisor. Going to see all those assholes who make my academic life here like hell.

Dear collegues, I know all of you will smile into my face, pretending we're all best friends. I know you are lying. I know that all of you do not answer my email, do not pick up the phone when I'm calling, do not want to go out with me. I know you don't like me (but I don't know why).
Today I will hate you back!!!!

I'm NOT gonna try and be nice and friendly and begging for you to be friends with me. I'm NOT.
I don't need people who don't like me. I have now New Supervisor, I have some but few other, private friends.
I am an ok person. It is YOU who are the assholes.


--
I really hate to go to the department today, but I've got to see Big Prof.
*yuck*

2 Comments:

Blogger RageyOne said...

Just be professional about it. Go because of the visiting prof, listen to the lectures and do your best not to engage conversation with anyone. If you must speak with others then do so mainly about stuff related to the subject at hand. Do your best not to bring up personal stuff or ask about personal stuff. That way, you are limiting your interactions.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 1:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man I know EXACTLY how you feel. believe me.

Thursday, June 02, 2005 7:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home