Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Friday, June 10, 2005

Question to my readers

How do you calm down when you're completely freaked out?

I would have liked Ex My Mr Perfect to hug me and to let me cry until I'm over it, but this is option is currently not available (I think I don't miss him in person anymore, but I miss just someone doing this). So what other options are there despite eating too much junk food?

4 Comments:

Blogger Pseudosanity said...

When I want to calm down I try not to be at home, or work, or any place that remotely resembles either of them. Coffee shops in the other corner of the city are an excellent choice. You get to sit, watch people, and basically give yourself time to think objectively. Just dont try to rush it. Good luck. Oh, and excercise works too, not that I do it.

Friday, June 10, 2005 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger rented life said...

If I'm angry, it's better if I do something physical--pilates, gardening, housework. Sometimes washing dishes calms me down, b/c I"m doing something I can visibly see is getting better. Lately, I just go outside and look at my flowers. So I suggest buying yourself a nice bouquet of carnations (they last longest) or your favoirte flowers. Treat yourself, you're worth it.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 7:23:00 AM  
Blogger Helen and Naomi said...

Came across your blog, sorry things aren't going so good with your changing supervisor and not getting to meet the Big Prof. I'm just starting out so am interested in other's experiences. My books are "my friends" and I feel calm when I go into my study and just stare at the shelves! Mistaken's comment about the flowers is a good one too.

Monday, June 13, 2005 1:48:00 AM  
Blogger Wanna Be PhD said...

I too love my books but I can only enjoy them if I'm at least sort-of happy.

Monday, June 13, 2005 9:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home