Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Better and cleaner

Wow. I managed to clean half of the kitchen and a bit of the bathroom today. And I showered and got dressed and went to a café to meet an old friend from school.

New Supervisor has emailed. (This is good. I like getting emails from supervisors. I feel welcome.) I think it is not good to freak out about the dissertation. The only thing that makes sense is to think of the problems and try to find answers.

And, most importantly, the dissertation won't be the last thing I've ever written. I am in the process of doing some research with collaboratorix. The dissertation is a requirement that I have to meet in order to get a job. A requirement in order to be able to do more research.

It is not the only thing about me that will be judged!

It is ok to write some dissertation. It does not have to be the best book ever written. Success means that I like my work and that I keep going on.

1 Comments:

Blogger ArticulateDad said...

Yes, yes, yes. Listen to yourself. You give good advice. Write the diss. Finish it. Work on research. Work on life. Get a job. Good. :)

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home