Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Friday, February 18, 2005

Arrived

I arrived here in Another Town two days ago. Everything is exxciting, but also a bit stressy.

On day 1 I dropped all my keys into a hole in the pavement. I had to lie on my belly and put my arm into that hole (YUCK), but I could grab the keys.

Yesterday there was a talk here. It was supposed to last 1,5 hours, but after more that three hours (it was already 8 p.m.) I just gou out and went home. Problem: All the people here wanted to have dinner with me (we had no real date, but the boss here said we will probably have dinner together that evening). Well as I have severe problems with my spine I had to lie down.
Today I wrote emails to all the people apologizing, but I guess they hate me now.
What else can I do?

And, finally, yes I miss My Mr Perfect and I fear so much that he won't call me and he won't come to visit me. I hope this will work out somehow. Either he calls or I somehow stop missing him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt they hate you. I really do. Things happen, people get busy. Talks go on for waaaay too long. I'm sure it will be okay.

Friday, February 18, 2005 6:34:00 AM  
Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that he calls ...

Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home