Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Monday, May 02, 2005

Nightmare morning

This morning I approached my very best friend, my iBook G4, as ever.
But the little white light wasn't glowing. It was not asleep.

I got nervous.

Then, the internet connection was still running! Usually, it turns itself off after 20 minutes.
I WAS SCARED.

I flipped through the log files. It seemed that it switched itself on at 3:15 a.m.
I TOTALLY PANICKED.

I called a macintosh dealer, asking for some antivirus software. They told me: "you don't need antivirus software, you are using a mac".

I explained what had happened. They made me read out the log files. They told me everything is ok, it just did some scheduled task.

I told them it never had done this before.
They said, everything is allright.

I still feel somehow frightened.

2 Comments:

Blogger RageyOne said...

Yeah, I understand that if you leave your machine on and connected to the Internet overnight it will do some automatic updates.

I'm glad to hear all is well with your friend. :~) Losing your computer is not a happy feeling.

Monday, May 02, 2005 6:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes! I'm glad it's nothing serious.

Monday, May 02, 2005 6:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home