Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Friday, July 15, 2005

Cleaning up

It's 3 a.m. over here and I'm just finished with cleaning up my appartment. I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I thought there were some bills to pay. Beneath the piles and piles of papers I found four payment forms, indeed. So I can still trust my memory! I had to sort all the receipts - phone bills, heating bills, health insurance. The heating bills were from 2003! I've never figured out how they work, I might do that when I'm back.

And then, I flipped through my book shelf. The novel and fiction part of my shelf! I found several books I bought and I wanted to read. I kept pondering (is this the right word?) and finally came up with the final solution for all my problems. Well, not all my bad problems, but some of them. The work-life balance one.

I need a schedule!

I need working time (including writing time, sketching time, surfing the web for new papers time, reading time, etc.), I need a special reading time (like reading novels) and I need a special reading place. I've got a huge sofa which was purchased exactly for this purpose, but I'd prefer an outdoor place, at least for the warmer months. I have to figure out exactly where I'll go to. It should be a meadow b/c I should by lying (the spine...). And I need a dedicated cleaning time every week. And I should schedule one social activity every week, like having coffee or diner with a friend (not one like going to the theate alone).

Yeah, I really think this is the key idea. I should schedule myself free time. I really should.
Guess I'll be working on that schedule over the next weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen and Naomi said...

Enjoy your vacation, looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 1:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you back yet?

Monday, August 01, 2005 11:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home