Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Another anniversary


I remember the evening when they announced it on the news on TV. We were just having dinner, the TV running besides. Mom and dad were engaged in a heavy fight. Both of them red all over and screaming at each other. We, the kids were listening and chewing. Suddenly they quieted down. It was a female speaker who said the unbelievable.

I remember our cat died a couple of weeks later.

I was small. I thought Russia was very far away. Thought we were safe b/c we were so far away. Now I'm older. Russia is not far away at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger rented life said...

Amazing how our world gets smaller as we get older, isn't it?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:36:00 PM  
Blogger ArticulateDad said...

Didn't even cross my radar screen, until I read your post. Yeah, the world gets smaller, but sometimes we remain too insulated from it, especially on this side of the pond. Thanks for the reminder.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home