Wanna Be PhD

PhD 2006. Now fully blown by the Postdoc Experience.

Name:
Location: My Appartment, Academic Nowhereland

Email: wannabephd@gmail.com

Monday, February 21, 2005

News from Another Town

First, sorry for not blogging regularly here. Although I have an office on my own, I somehow feel that it is not "right" to blog in the office. At home I have only internet access via the telephone which is slow and expensive.

Fortunately, everything worked out fine. Nobody was furious that I went home that evening last week. Today I had dinner with the boss here. He went home after one hour, he was pale, overworked and only had some soup and a coffee. I guess they are just happy if I don't get on their nerves.

Second, My Mr Perfect has NOT called until now. I spent Saturday evening staring at the phone and crying. But I stopped that now, and I feel a lot better!

Hey, Another Town is really FUN. It is huuuuuge. Today I bought tickets for the theater later this week. There are even two or three more theaters, BIG theaters that show contemporary drama.
And I want to see a couple of exhibitions on modern art. That's what I'm gonna do next saturday, instead of staring at the phone.

I keep thinking that I really want to move here, to Another Town. I have to figure out how to make the people of the institute organzie a project and hire me. If My Mr Perfect doesn't want me, nothing keeps me in My Home Town anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey go out and have FUN. Mr. Perfect will have to figure out that he misses you or he will just miss out.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home